Updated on August 18, 2022
Electric belt drive bikes have been added to the Best Belt Drive Bikes 2022 list. An electric belt-driven bicycle is becoming increasingly popular.
For the finest discounts and motorcycles available in 2022, we’ve updated our original post from 2021. Belt-driven eBikes aren’t cutting it anymore, so we need to take this technology a step further for eBikes.
If you’re searching for a low-maintenance electric bike with a lot of range, we’ve got just the thing.
Our sincere gratitude goes out to all of the companies that made it possible for us to put together this resource.
Best Belt Drive Electric Bike
In the year 2021, there will be a new release. The Enviolo expands on Lekker’s belt-drive bike experience with the Amsterdam GT Enviolo.
The single-speed design of the Lekker Amsterdam GT Enviolo is apparent.
The fact that it can be mistaken for a conventional bike despite having a built-in battery makes it appealing to a wide audience.
Gates CDX belt drive and lightweight Samsung 410Wh cell battery provide the Amsterdam GT a range of 100 kilometres on a single charge.
500Wh battery is also available if you need more power to ensure a longer range and less frequent charges.
Bafang’s Max Mid-drive motor provides 80N.m. of maximum power output. Probably won’t be able to compete with any Ferraris at the lights, but I’m a beast on two wheels.
Enviolo city stepless shifting gearing is standard on the GT.
Constant variable transmission is ideal for commuters who have adequate time to worry about avoiding traffic.
To make stop-and-go journeys easier, Enviolo has been working on an integrated hub that allows shifting while standing stationary.
Related Article: How To Reset Bike Lock
Lekker Amsterdam GT Enviolo Specifications
- The frame is made of aluminium 6061 and has an integrated battery box.
- Aluminized 6061-T6 Fork Tapered discs are the only ones available
- Integrated sealed bearing Headset Neco
- Hydraulic Disc Brakes TD-285 from Tektro
- It is a motor Bafang Max Mid Drive integrated cranks, 36 volts, and 250 Wh.
- The motor weighs 2.9 kg.
- Stepless Shifting Rear Hub Enviolo CT N310, Ratio 310 percent
- Protection against dust, oil, and other non-corrosive materials are provided by the IP65-rated screen of the Intelligent DPC11 LCD from Bafang.
- The standard 36v 11.5 Ah, 418 Wh capacity battery has a range of 50-100 kilometres.
- Upgrade to 36v 14.5Ah, 500 Wh capacity 36v 70-140 km
- For simple access to the charging port, the cover is detachable.
- European Union Charging Plug Specs
- Bearing 32h for the front hub
- 700 Alloy rims with a 19mm internal diameter
- WTB Riddler 700 x 45c tyres.
- The Alloy platform for pedals
- CDX Carbon Drive Belt System has a 55/24 gear ratio.
- Vinyl Grips That Stay Secure
- Sleek commuter saddle that’s a joy to ride
- Seat Post Lekker Alloy 27.2mm
- The Lekker alloy commuter handlebar is 31.8mm in diameter.
- Lekker alloy stem 31.8 mm in diameter
- E-bike-specific kickstand available as an option: Alloy Side.
- The AXENDO 40 battery is connected to the front light (STVZO Approved)
- Lightskin LED integrated Seat Post light Battery Connected Rear light (STVZO Approved)
- aluminium fender set with powder coat finish by LEKKER
- Weight 23kg
- The best deal on the Lekker belt drive eBike is here.
- The Lekker Amsterdam GT Enviolo may be purchased for €2,598.00 via Lekker.com, the manufacturer.
Related Article: How To Fix A Bike Brake
The Allant+ 9S Stagger eBike from Trek Bikes is a whole new eBike. Despite its tough exterior, the Allant only weighs 23.6 kg, making it comparable in weight to other electric bikes on our list.
A drop top tube and lightweight aluminium are Trek’s goals when it comes to styling. Even though there is some debate about whether this is truly a one-size-fits-all Brompton, it’s a daring move to make.
In many ways, the Allant is similar to the Lekker Amsterdam Enviolo GT pictured above. The Enviolo CVT rear hub is connected to the Gates CDX carbon belt drive for a mirror image of the drive train and gearing. This engine and battery are now available from Trek.
Our list of belt-drive eBikes includes this one, which has one of the most powerful batteries and a slightly lower maximum power output of 75Nm.
The inbuilt battery holds a massive 625 Wh of power. The improved Lekker variant has a 125 Wh bigger battery. As far as assisted cycling goes, it can go up to 150 miles, however this depends on the rider’s speed, cadence, and weight.
The Allant + 9S has a Suntour suspension front fork with lockout for people who don’t want to give up any power in exchange for speed.
The seat post is equipped with suspension, which reduces the requirement for full suspension while also saving money.
The Allant’s 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes provide assurance in all weather situations, in addition to suspension. Mudguards, a rack for the back and lighting complete the all-around package.
Related Article: How To Make A Mini Bike Street Legal
Trek Allant+ 9S Stagger eBike specifications
- Powerful hydroformed electric bicycle chassis, integrated battery that may be removed, motor armour, internal wire routing, and disc brakes mounted on the front fork
- Coil spring fork, tapered alloy steerer, preload and rebound, lockout, post-mount disc, 100 x 15 mm thru-axle, and 50 mm travel.
- 1-1/8′′ top and 1.5′′ bottom sealed cartridge bearing headset FSA integrated
- Disc brakes with four pistons and a light switch, Magura MT5NE
- Bosch Performance Speed, 75 Nm, 45 km/h (28 mph) in Europe, 25 km/h in the United States.
- Hub on the Rear
- Rear CVT Enviolo Trekking Hub, 380 percent range, 32 hours
- The Bosch PowerTube 625 battery
- 220/240-volt Bosch charger 4A
- 32-hole 15 mm alloy thru-axle front hub Bontrager sealed bearing
- Wheels Alex MD35, Tubeless Ready, 32 holes, 35 mm wide, Presta valve.
- Reflective wire bead, 60 tpi, 27.5×2.4″ tyres from Bontrager.
- Footpegs: Bontrager Satellite City pedal
- CDX Carbon Drive Belt System for Chain Gates, 22 T, Stainless Steel
- Lock-on alloy Bontrager Satellite Elite grips.
- A saddle made by Bontrager specifically for commuters
- Suspension for Seat Post Comfort, 31.6 mm
- Comfortable aluminium handlebars.
- Bontrager alloy 31.8 mm stem, compatible with Blendr, 7-degree, 70 mm length
- The Pletscher Comp Flex 18 kickstand
- Busch & Muller’s front lights Top of the line
- The Spanninga Axendo Speed rear light
- Weight 23.6kg
- Trek Allant+ 9S Stagger eBike at the lowest price
- Allant+ 9S Stagger eBike is available for £5200 from Trek Bikes if you buy direct from them.
Because the Giant DailyTour E+1 is still so new, you can’t buy one at the time of compiling this list. Belt-driven eBikes are at the cutting edge of innovation.
We now have the following information and will have a comprehensive review as soon as we can obtain it.
The Giant DailyTour is a standout among our other electric bikes because Giant has created most of its own technology.
Even while they’re still using Gates carbon belt drive technology, they’re also employing their own batteries and motors to complement it.
With a Torque of only 50Nm, this engine has less power than many others on the market (Newton meters). As a result, electric support on hills will be lower than on some of the other slopes in this area.
If you’re a heavier rider, this is critical. However, with a class-leading voltage capacity of 625Wh, the range will be great (Watt Hours). In this respect, it is comparable to the Trek.
The Smart Assist mode on the Giant eliminates the need for changing gears entirely. The RideControl EVO display, which incorporates integrated on-board navigation, also provides digital help.
Giant DailyTour E+1 Specifications
- The ALUXX SL aluminium framework
- 15-Axle SR Suntour MOBIE 25 LO AIR Fork
- Hydraulic Disc Brakes Shimano MT201
- SyncDrive Core 50Nm Motor Giant
- 625-watt-hour battery pack from Battery Giant
- tyres 622 50 Schwalbe Marathon E
- pedals VP191 aluminium pedals are light-weight.
- At 120T, this belt is the Gates CDX Carbon Drive belt
- Saddle Selle Royal Look-In Gel
- 2-bolt micro-adjustable seat post suspension, 30.9x270mm
- Adjustable Giant Contour handlebars with integrated EVO displays
- Cable-integrated, 30° back sweep, 31.8mm Giant Contour GT
- The Pletscher Comp Flex 18 kickstand
- Numen iD integrated daylight LED Axa Blueline 30 automated front-lighting
- Axa Blueline LED rear light
- Weight hasn’t been given at this time.
Hey, all I am Joe Marino I love to ride bikes and teach others how to ride them. Most of my articles are about which bike is best for others. I am passionate about cycling and it shows, whether I am writing about a $25 bicycle from any random website or a $5000 Santa Cruz.
I have always been the guy who gets calls from friends while at work asking which bike they should buy. I have written about the best city bike for commuting, the best folding bike for use on public transit, and even what to keep in mind when shopping for kids’ bikes.
You can follow my blog and read all of my other articles on my website.