Updated on August 18, 2022
As a parent, it might be tough to find the finest tricycle for your baby or toddler because there are so many to choose from with varied characteristics for different stages of growth.
With this in mind, we’ve examined some of the greatest options available to give you a better sense of what to look for in terms of setups and features, depending on your child’s age and aptitude.
Best Tricycles with Push Handles
1. Joovy Tricycoo LX Kids Push Handle Tricycle
- Size: 39.4 x 20.9 x 41.1 inches
- Weight: 25.4 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 55 pounds
- Recommended Age Range: 6 months to 5 years
The Joovy Tricycoo LX is a long-lasting trike for children ages six months to five years old. Your child’s development will allow you to remove and adjust the toy’s numerous components.
If you want to drive the trike like a stroller while your child is facing the other way, you can flip the seat around so that it faces the other way. Sleeping in a reclining chair with a five-point safety harness is a safe and comfortable choice.
It is possible to lock the pedals and handlebars in a free swivel position to keep your youngster from directing you into trouble or touching the pedals while you’re driving. The parent has the option of depressing the brake pedal. It is possible to remove the handle and baby seat when your child is ready so that they can be in complete control of the vehicle.
- Protect your child from the sun with a UPF50+ canopy.
- Adaptable – a variety of adaptations allow it to be used by infants and children up to the age of five.
- The push handle can be used to operate the bike’s free-swiveling handlebars and pedals.
2. Radio Flyer Deluxe EZ Fold 4-In-1 Stroll ‘N Trike
- Size: 28.7 x 22.1 x 41.3 inches
- Weight: 19.8 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 49 pounds
- Recommended Age Range: 9 months to 5 years
You may use the Radio Flyer Deluxe Stroll ‘N Trike with your toddler at every level of growth. With a 4-in-1 design, the pedals can be attached without removing the footrests for small children.
The tray table that can be attached in front of the infant seat makes it easy for your youngster to enjoy their snacks on the road with this car seat. In addition to the three-point harness, the tray table can provide an additional layer of safety.
In addition to a cover to protect you from the sun, this tricycle comes with a convenient pouch on the handlebar and folds up to fit in the trunk of your car. In addition, the back storage basket can be connected to any stage configuration, allowing your child to carry their toys with them everywhere they go.
- Folds up small enough to fit in the trunk of a car
- A basket and a parent pouch are included in the storage space.
- A four-in-one design that can be used for different phases of a child’s development.
3. SmarTrike Breeze Toddler Tricycle
- Size: 36.6 x 17.7 x 40.2 inches
- Weight: 20 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 37 pounds
- Recommended Age Range: 15 months to 3 years
You may want to check out this smarTrike Breeze if you’re looking for a budget option. This is a low-cost, light-weight trike for kids between the ages of 15 months and 3 years.
A three-point safety belt, a safety bar, and footrests are all included in the initial stage, which can be used as your child grows.
On the front wheel of this one, there is a button that allows you to switch between child and adult modes. Additionally, the front wheel has a shock absorber for added comfort.
Toys may be conveniently stored in the back basket, and the pedals have non-slip grips for your child’s safety. In spite of this, this trike cannot be rolled up and stored.
- For infants and young toddlers, use a safety belt that includes a 3-point harness and a safety bar.
- Pedals with non-slip surfaces keep riders’ feet from slipping off the pedals.
- Parental and kid control are both conveniently accessible via the control button.
4. Besrey Baby Tricycle 7 In 1 Push Trike
- Size: 41.7 x 21.3 x 40.2 inches
- Weight: 25.8 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 55 pounds
- Recommended Age Range: 9 months to 6 years
Toddlers and young children up to the age of six can benefit greatly from the Besrey 7-in-1 Push Trike. With the infant seat in a rear-facing position, it can even be used for youngsters as young as six months. On the steering wheel, there is a red button that can be used to lock the pedal.
The push handle on this model may be raised or lowered to accommodate users of various heights, which is a convenient feature. The trike’s rubber wheels are also built to handle a wide range of terrains.
It includes a handy small bell on the handlebars and a weather canopy. Rear brakes can be controlled by parents, and a lidded storage box is included.
- Infants should be placed in a rear-facing car seat.
- Your child will be protected from the rain when out for a walk thanks to the rain canopy.
- Durable all-terrain rubber wheels
5. Schwinn Roadster Toddler Tricycle
- Size: 26 x 20.5 by 21.5 inches
- Weight: 24.4 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 60 pounds
- Recommended Age Range: 2 to 4 years
For children ages two and up, the Schwinn Roadster tricycle is an excellent choice. There are broad EVA tyres on the tricycle, which makes it easy to pedal or push across all sorts of terrain.
Retractable footrests are available for children who aren’t yet ready to pedal.. For children who are being pushed along, a three-point seatbelt is also beneficial. When your youngster is ready to pedal independently, you can simply remove the push handle.
With a front basket and rear storage tray, this is a perfect option if your child likes to bring lots of toys with them wherever they go.
- Strong and long-lasting steel frame
- Footrests that may be retracted are ideal for people with short or weak legs.
- Toy storage baskets are a convenient way to transport beloved collectibles.
6. Costzon Toddler Tricycle With Push Bar
- Weight: 24 lbs.
- Material: Steel, Plastic & Oxford Cloth
- Weight Capacity: 57 lbs.
- Recommended Age Range: 16 months to 7 years
- Size: 30 x 20 x 41 inches
Tricycles with a push handle are well-known for their ease of use and flexibility in terms of configuration.
It’s a six-in-one design that’s ideal for those who want a lot of options.
The three-wheeled fun tricycle is safe and comfortable for children of all ages.
U-shaped push handle provides a better grip on diverse surfaces thanks to the rubber wheels’ shock absorption. There are also safety brakes for better control.
Because of its long-lasting metal frame, the Costzon Tricycle is built to endure a lifetime. You’ll also find a storage basket here, in case your child needs anything while he’s strolling down the lane.
When not in use, the canopy can be taken down and replaced with a tarpaulin. When the trike cum stroller is entirely transformed into a tricycle, the front handle contains a bell that can be employed.
What We Like?
- Canopy to shield you from the sun
- Wheels with built-in brakes to withstand shock
- The aluminium frame is sturdy.
What We Don’t Like?
- It’s possible that the harness is undersized.
7. Little Tikes Perfect Fit 4-in-1 Trike
- Material: Plastic
- Weight Capacity: 48.5 lbs.
- Item Weight: 16 lbs.
- Recommended Age Range: 9 months to 4 years old
- Size: 18.5 x 46 x 36 inches
The adjustable features and comfort of the Little Tikes Perfect Fit Trike make it a favourite of ours.
Suitable for parents of various heights, the rides are safe and enjoyable for both the children and the parents both
For children who have learned how to ride a bike on their own, the handle can be removed from the bike.
An additional layer of protection in the form of a five-point safety harness keeps the child secure even when travelling over bumpy terrain. The sun is shielded by a canopy.
During your brief outings to the park, you can keep your stuff and a few snacks on a tray that you can attach to the handle. Little Tikes Perfect Fit Trike’s non-slip pedals may be adjusted to accommodate different stages of a child’s growth.
There are several advantages to this tricycle, including the fact that it may be used by both parents and their children. For a variety of outdoor activities, this tricycle might be a useful tool.
What We Like?
- The number of attachments that are currently available.
- Take care of everyone
- The seat can be shifted in any direction.
What We Don’t Like?
- Wheels don’t roll smoothly.
Hey, all I am Joe Marino I love to ride bikes and teach others how to ride them. Most of my articles are about which bike is best for others. I am passionate about cycling and it shows, whether I am writing about a $25 bicycle from any random website or a $5000 Santa Cruz.
I have always been the guy who gets calls from friends while at work asking which bike they should buy. I have written about the best city bike for commuting, the best folding bike for use on public transit, and even what to keep in mind when shopping for kids’ bikes.
You can follow my blog and read all of my other articles on my website.