Updated on August 18, 2022
Costco’s Northrock XC27 Mountain Bike is a great way to get out and enjoy the great outdoors. The 21-speed Shimano Altus gear and rapid-fire shifters on this bike allow for quick, precise, and controlled shifting. With the 27.5′′ Maxxis Ikon tyres and the Shimano aluminium triple crank, you’ll have no trouble navigating obstacles.
How to Choose a Mountain Bike
Consider the size of your mountain bike before purchasing it. The standard size isn’t always a good option. Because every manufacturer’s standards varies, it’s critical that you ride the bike before making a purchase to confirm that it’s a good fit.
This is the most important measurement of your mountain bike’s reach and stack heights. To avoid going over the bars, you’ll be able to better grasp the axle with a lengthy front. To maximise your pedalling height, choose a seat that is shorter than the height of the handlebars.
Choose a wheel size based on the terrain you’ll be traversing. For long distance running, many individuals choose larger hoops, while trail hikers prefer smaller, tougher hoops. Remember that large wheels are useful for tackling tough terrain but that they are particularly vulnerable to low tyre pressure.
Smaller mountain bike sizes are becoming more popular, according to some experts. Take into account the fact that you must select the greatest alternative for your own circumstances. As a result, riding a bike before making a purchase is critical.
Your bike’s weight doesn’t matter. The weight of your mountain bike isn’t nearly as significant as how strong you are on the trail. In addition to weight class, you should consider steering precision when making your decision. Even if a few extra pounds can help your bike perform better on the road, it is by no means the most important aspect of a mountain bike..
The dimensions of your mountain bike’s axles, headset, bottom bracket, and seat post are all essential measurements to make. Internal routing is a great feature, but it shouldn’t be the deciding factor in whatever mountain bike you choose.
Investing in a Northrock xc27 mountain bike will ensure that you get the most for your money. It’s a fantastic piece of equipment that does more than just get you from point A to point B. It’s more than just a piece of equipment; it’s a way of life.
- Chain: KMC alloy chain is resistant to the elements, lightweight, strong and durable.
- Integrated Cables: Internal cable routing in the frame for a sleek look and enhanced performance.
- Shimano Atus Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus drivetrain with 21-speeds and triple alloy crank work together for high performance precision shifting and maximum durability.
- SHIMANO Altus Rapid-fire Integrated Shifters: Shimano Altus 21-speed drivetrain works seamlessly with Shimano Altus rapid-fire shifters for quick-shifting, control, and precision. Shifters include integrated brake levers for easy adjustment settings and control.
- Shimano Crank: Shimano FC-TY501, alloy triple crank (42/34/24T). This wide gear ratio allows you to effortlessly pedal more efficiently regardless of the conditions.
- SR Suntour XCE Fork: SR Suntour XCE 27.5″, front suspension fork with 80 mm adjustable preload for fork tension.
- Maxxis Ikon 27.5″ x 2.2″ Mountain Tires: Experience quicker accelerations with the 27.5” x 2.2″ Maxxis Ikon tires that roll over obstacles with ease, for greater control and performance.
- Double-Wall Rims: Alloy lightweight rustproof double-wall rims for greater strength and durability off-road, and stainless steel spokes to withstand the elements.
- Tektro Disc Brakes: Tektro disc brakes deliver ultimate stopping power in any weather condition.
- Velo Mountain Saddle: Velo saddle is contoured to provide comfort, increase power output and enhance performance.
- Velo Grips: Velo grips are designed for durability, comfort and control.
All-Aluminum Frame Features
- Crafted from 6061 Alloy and pressed into shape by hand.
- Lighter, stronger, and more rigid frames are the end result of a proprietary frame-forming technique.
- Internal cable management in the chassis for improved performance and a cleaner appearance.
- All-aluminum 17.5-inch frame for riders 5’7″ to 6’1″
- Steel frames are prone to rust and corrosion, whereas aluminium frames are virtually maintenance free.
- Mounts for water bottle cages, rear bike racks, child seats, and fenders are all included.
- A long-lasting sheen is ensured by the use of a clear coat rustproof paint technique.
- Frame: all-aluminum 6061, 27.5″ specific geometry, press formed aluminum frame for performance and lightweight, fender and rack mounts, water bosses and replaceable derailleur hanger
- Color: Black matte and gloss finish / vibrant neon and silver gloss finish
- Fork: SR Suntour XCE 27.5”, preload, 80 mm travel
- Headset: sealed integrated threadless
- Crank: Shimano TY501 triple crank (42/34/24T)
- Bottom bracket: sealed cartridge
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Altus M310
- Shifter: Shimano Altus EF-500 Rapid-Fire (21 Speeds)
- Cogset: Shimano (14-28T)
- Chain: KMC-Z50
- Brakes: Tektro mechanical dual disc
- Brake levers: Shimano Altus EF-500 integrated with shifter
- Front hub: 32H alloy with quick-release
- Rear hub: 32H alloy with quick-release
- Spokes: stainless-steel
- Rims: alloy double wall
- Tires: Maxxis mountain, 27.5″ x 2.2″
- Handlebars: NR 31.8 mm low rise black alloy
- Grips: Velo ergonomic dual density comfort grip
- Stem: NR sport, 10-degree
- Seat post: alloy micro adjust 30.9 mm with quick-release
- Seat: Velo mountain performance
- Kickstand: included (removal at rider’s option)
- Assembly Tools: included
Northrock XC27 Mountain Bike Gears
A wide range of gears on the bike makes it easy to climb. The chain is made by KMC, which is known for its durability and reliability. Aside from that, it’s equipped with a 21-speed Shimano Altus transmission and quick-shifting tyre shifters. This gives you the ability to shift quickly and precisely while maintaining control of the bike. It’s also possible to add brake levers for safe and precise adjustment and control.
Saddle and Grip of the northrock xc27 mountain bike
The Velo saddle is shaped to guarantee that your ride is as enjoyable as possible, no matter what the terrain is like. Increased power production and performance on the Mac are the primary goals of the device. The grips are designed to be durable, comfortable, and easy to use. We all know what it’s like when the grasp loosens. As long as you keep going, the Northrock xc27 mountain bike will not disappoint.
Suspension and Alloys of the northrock xc27 mountain bike
The mountain bike’s 27.5-inch frame was developed with front suspension in mind. Alloy, lightweight, and corrosion-resistant alloy wheels provide it the strength and endurance it needs to face unpredictable terrain. Whether it’s on or off the road, this is true. The Northrock XC27 Mountain Bike is made of stainless steel, which is able to withstand any weather conditions.
Hey, all I am Joe Marino I love to ride bikes and teach others how to ride them. Most of my articles are about which bike is best for others. I am passionate about cycling and it shows, whether I am writing about a $25 bicycle from any random website or a $5000 Santa Cruz.
I have always been the guy who gets calls from friends while at work asking which bike they should buy. I have written about the best city bike for commuting, the best folding bike for use on public transit, and even what to keep in mind when shopping for kids’ bikes.
You can follow my blog and read all of my other articles on my website.